- On camera, bold colors and jewel tones work really well (think red, yellow, orange, emerald green or sapphire blue). In general, it's best to avoid intense patterns, especially thin stripes and houndstooth, which can make your photos look busy. If you're not sure how to pair your outfits, I've posted a helpful guide on my blog.
- I hope so! My clients tell me time and time again that they dreaded getting their photo taken until they worked with me. I'm not saying I'm magic, but I didn't go through four years of wizard school for nothing.
- I'm always happy to schedule a time to sit down at a coffee shop and get to know each other! (And not just because I'm obsessed with tea and can't stay away from sugary pastries—that's just a coincidence.) Just send me a quick email at email@example.com and we'll set it up!
- It's super hard to meet someone in the real world, I get that! If you're busy and looking for a wedding photographer, we can set up a quick chat on the phone or Skype instead. If you're just looking to set up a portrait session, email is fine too!
- Yes! Don't worry, I won't leave you hanging with a "what do I do with my hands?" moment! I'll give you just enough direction to make sure you're not feeling awkward yet still feel relaxed and free to move.
Photos & Prints
- Post-production times vary depending on the season, but most photos will be ready within 4 to 6 weeks. If you don't want to wait, we can work to arrange a quicker turnaround time.
- There are two types of editing I do. The first is standard post-production editing, which includes general photo adjustments like lighting and color correction. The second is retouching, which is a more hands-on approach that usually includes things like blemish removal, unwanted object removal, and other image-specific touchups. Most photographers offer just standard post-production editing and charge an additional fee to retouch individual photos. Because I want your images to be exceptional and free of distractions, I include both levels of editing in all my packages. The end result will be an edited photo that doesn't look edited: It will just look like you.
- You can typically expect around 75-100 images per hour for weddings and events. For engagement and portrait sessions, I usually deliver 50-75 images.
- You won't get every single image, but trust me that would be more than you'd want! I sort through thousands of images to give you the very best shots, and going through that many images is a major undertaking. Test shots, outtakes, and duplicates won't make the cut. Don't worry though, I make sure you'll never miss out on anything great.
- While I maintain the copyright, all packages include a release that allows you to share and print your images for unlimited personal use. If you don't want your photos being shared, I'm happy to discuss and address any privacy concerns.
- You will receive the full set of high-resolution images for download as part of all packages. These images are typically large enough for most print sizes, and I'm happy to provide larger if needed. You will not receive the negatives (aka RAW files), since they are the raw, unfinished product.
- Yes! Your photos can be shared on all your social media! If you post on Facebook or Instagram, I'd love to be tagged!
- You can order prints and albums from me or you can order from your own printing company, since all my packages include a full print release.
- I understand the importance of artfully and respectfully covering an array of religious and civil ceremonies. I have experience shooting same-sex weddings, non-religious ceremonies, and interfaith ceremonies as well as traditional Catholic and Jewish weddings. Many of my clients choose to incorporate their cultures in their celebrations, so I've photographed tea ceremonies, guests dancing La Vibora de La Mar, couples being crowned, and the signing of the Ketubah.
- If your wedding has extended past your booked time, I'll let you know. From there, you can decide if you'd like me to stay around for an additional fee or if you're satisfied with the coverage for the day. You'll never have to worry about being charged for extra hours you did not specifically request.
- There are a couple reasons you might want a second photographer. If you have a large guest list or are getting ready at separate locations, a second photographer is key to ensure everything is captured. You may also want to consider a second photographer if you want reaction shots in a first look or walking down the aisle, as those can only really be effectively captured by two photographers. A second photographer can also be a great backup in the event of an unforeseen illness, injury, equipment malfunction, or a missed moment. If you have an intimate ceremony or elopement, one photographer should be enough. If you're on the fence, feel free to reach out and we can chat about whether or not a second photographer would suit your needs.
- If you're considering an engagement session, I'd say go for it. Engagement photoshoots give you a chance to practice posing and get more comfortable in front of the camera. They're also a great way to get photos for save the dates or your wedding website. But if you aren't interested, there's no rule that says you have to take engagement photos!
- I offer packages based on the most popular wedding services priced as a bundle, but they don't work for everyone. Feel free to request a custom package based on what you need or your budget.
- Yes! I'm really just a one-woman business! If you hire me I will be your lead photographer.
- I put all my energy into photographing your wedding day and want to give you my full attention, so I only shoot one wedding per weekend!
- Yes, I am fully insured.
Payments & Pricing
- Yes! I accept credit card payments.
- Most of the time, yes. Taxes are kind of tricky when it comes to photography, so it's best to assume you will need to pay sales tax on your photography package. But if taxes make a big difference for you, feel free to ask and I will let you know what to expect.
- My local coverage area includes a 50 mile radius from downtown LA with no travel fees. Outside of that radius, the travel fee is based on additional distance traveled by the hour. For areas more than 2.5 hours drive from Los Angeles, travel fees are custom calculated based on travel time and associated expenses. Please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to get an exact quote.
- If you're interested in my current pricing, just send me an email at email@example.com and let me know what pricing information you're looking for (wedding, engagement, other). You can also find some pricing info on the individual service pages for Weddings, Engagements, Boudoir, and Maternity.
- Some weekday weddings may qualify for a discount. Please inquire about your specific date for more information.
Have a different question? Send me a quick email at firstname.lastname@example.org!